Thursday, July 07, 2005

Day Forty-one - A Little of Everything

Started the day with a 2K swim in wavy water on a wind-swept lake. Didn't get my head back far enough a few times and ended up swallowing lake water. I got Beaver Fever from doing that last year, but it wasn't from the water at Killarney Lake. It was from the Mactaquac head pond. If you want to lose 10 pounds in two weeks, drink lots of untreated water from as many lakes and rivers as you can. But I think diet and exercise would be much less harrowing.

After the swim, I went for a 20K bike ride on the BIKE, the Felt F90. As I swooped in on the hills and glided up them, I couldn't stop thinking: "Thank you, Matt. Thank you. Thank you." I still love my Norco Pinnacle mountain bike, but for speed and on-road tracking, racing bikes are the only way.

I followed the bike ride with a 5K run around the lake. Didn't see a single squirrel or chipmunk today. After the run, I stretched on the beach and did some Tai Chi. And for the rest of the day, it was fun time. I took Cass to the Queen's Square Pool and then to the lake. We swam and sunned. Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home