Saturday, July 02, 2005

Days Thirty-five and Thirty-six - Happy Canada Day!

Got off to a bad start yesterday with a series of unfortunate events, among them forgetting my bike helmet and locking myself out of my car. But I got in a 10K run and I had the lake all to myself, except for a big brown rabbit. Came across some bear tracks. I've heard of bear sightings at Killarney Lake, but seeing those tracks made the stories real...and made me think twice about some of the strange noises I've heard in the woods that I chalked off to overweight deer.

I did some stretching after the run and headed home to make pancakes for Cass and her friend Ashley who was sleeping over for the last few days. Then we went across the river (Fredericton is divided in half by the Saint John River)and checked out some of the Canada Day events. In the evening, there were fireworks.

This morning, I was at the lake early. It was cool and overcast, so I passed on the swim and went for a 20K bike ride and 5K run. The bear tracks were still clear but it didn't look like there were any new ones.

Cass and I spent most of the afternoon at the Queen's Square outdoor pool. That's where Judith lifeguards. She's swimming on a team that's going into the sprint event. I'm starting to meet more and more people who are in the triathlons and duathlons next weekend (good lord, it's next weekend!) and I'm starting to look at anyone with a bike or running shoes suspiciously and ask myself: "Sprint, full Olympic or duathlon?"

Time to head out now for a BBQ at my muse's place. That's Joanne Callahan. She's the muse in Still Life with Muse and Sax, probably the funniest story I've written. Jo is a ball-busting bitch of a muse in the story, which is exactly the opposite of what she is in real life.

BTW, got the bike page up with a pic of the bike at: http://www.biffmitchell.com/Triathlon/The_Bike/the_bike.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home