Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Day Thirty-two - The Pools Are Open! The Pools Are Open!

Got up early and went for a fast 10K bike ride. Lived through it.

Today is Tuesday, the most special day of the week. Besides every second weekend, I have my daughter, Cassie, with me every Tuesday. It's our favorite day of the week because I get off work early and we get to do things together, like rent movies, eat something like wings or Chinese food or Subway if we don't feel like cooking, do a mall crawl, go to the Green and toss the frisbee, go biking...you get the picture.

Today's Tuesday was especially special though. Today the outdoor pools opened. I left work at noon, picked Cassie up at her mother's (lots of luggage today because - double bonus - she's with me till the middle of July!), went to Savage's Bike Center to get some pics of the bike I'll be using in the triathlon (a Felt F90). I'll be posting the pics on my web site tomorrow. Then rushed to Tim Horton's to get a box of Tim Bits for the lifeguards and headed for the pool.

It was like paradise. It usually rains the day the pools open. The water is freezing cold. Lightning closes the pool for 20 minute intervals for hours. But today there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was hot. The water was perfect - not too cold, not to warm - refreshing. Perfect. We swam. We frolicked. We soaked rays. We renewed old pool friendships. We jumped off the boards. (I did two back tucks without banging my head on the board. I've done that before. It hurts.)

It was the perfect start to summer.

And it didn't end there. After wings and Rice-a-Roni for supper, we went to the lake and floated around on the air mattresses for a couple of hours. Then we ate chocolate.

Tomorrow morning, I work off the chocolate. Plus, I'll try out my first gel packs (a chocolate and a tropical fruit) to see if they have any adverse effects on me, like uncontrollable puking or whatever. These little packs have already gotten my mind working on an idea for the novel. What would the gel pack of 2305 be like? What would the virtual one be like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home