Sunday, June 26, 2005

Day Thirty - All Three In One Day

Beat the thermometer to the lake this morning for a 2K swim. The lake was beautiful, quiet, still, waveless ... and still no lines painted on the bottom with the triathlon only a couple of weeks away!

After the swim, I biked 20K. A light breeze followed me through most of the trip and I didn't even break a sweat until the end of the first lap: that nasty Brookside Drive section. In a car, it looks like the easiest leg of the bike run, but it's not. It's a bitch. All uphill. The road almost levels at times, but it's still up up up and then that last upward spike as if the road's saying: "Adding a new event. It's called mountain climbing. On a bike."

Then I ran around the lake three times (5K). By the time I finished, the lifeguards were opening up the swimming area and people were starting to arrive with blankets and coolers and kids.

It felt good to stretch in the sun and then lay in the sun and work on my tan. Two days of sun in a row. There is a God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home