Thursday, June 30, 2005

Day Thirty-four - Laps the Queen's Square

Today I left work at noon and drove to the Queen's Square Pool. This is mine and Cassie's favorite pool in the world. I started taking her and my son there over ten years ago. I've been swimming there for over 20 years. It's over 50 years old and it draws you back to a world where summer was sun and water and fun.

More on this later.

One thing I didn't know about the pool is that it's longer than the indoor pool. After about 50 laps, I was wondering why each lap was taking so long and why the whole swim seemed to be going slower of longer or something than normal.

I asked the lifeguards about this during a quick break to break water and they told me about the extra 15 feet.

But don't get me wrong...the water was great. The sun was intense. The swim was great. Got in 70 laps and had time to do some stretching on the deck and talk to Judith - one of the lifeguards, who was also swimming laps - and found out that she's in the triathlon as well. She's on a team and she'll be doing the swimming part in the Sprint event.

Watch out other swimmers...she's awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home