Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mean Lean Writing Machine

OK. So I'm scrapping the hibernation thing. I don't have a tooth for acorns. Never did. Never will. Gimme sushi any day. But not right before an eight-month sleep. I think I'll stick around for the occasional sunny day ... viewed through the heat-capturing panes of glass in my windows. Not outside. God, not out there where the wind and the cold could shrink Paul Bunyan's testicles into dried peas.

Instead of hibernating, I'm going to set a new record for writing production this winter. I'm going to stay home (with the exception of forays into my day job to pay those extras like food and shelter) and write continuously. I'm going to be a writing behemoth. I'm going to be a page churner, a sentence assembly line, a word weaver.

I'm going to finish the three to four stories I promised J for the Twisted Tails anthology (more on this later). I'm going to finish my next novel Murder by Burger. And I'm going to start the sequel to The War Bug.

Saint Peter dontcha call me 'cause I can't go ... I owe my soul to the printed word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blog is a great place to start those creative energies flowing.
if i hibernate then i'll come out just in time to start reading all the work you've done.

Beth

2:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home