Thursday, June 09, 2005

Day Thirteen - Birthday Hangover and a Long Swim

I survived my birthday. But it was low key. My old friend Nanook of the Nashwaak dropped by and we went through pictures of our canoe trip down the Miramichi. But I drank many beers and a bottle of red wine in the process. This morning was painful, less so from yesterday's workout and moreso from the million little people in my head trying to break through my cranium with large hammers.

But that didn't stop me from going to the lake and swimming 3 kilometers. It was a great swim, but it was a lot different than swimming at the Nashwaak Pool. No lines on the bottom for orientation. At one point, I nearly swam into the shore.

But it was great to be swimming outdoors again.

Unfortunately, I laid in the sun for a while and now I'm pretty much the same color as a boiled lobster. And it hurts. I put Solarcaine on it, but it still hurts. On the other hand, it was a great swim.

After the swim and the sunning, I walked around the lake and took pictures. I also took some pics of the biking route for the triathlon and posted them at my web site at www.biffmitchell.com.

And now I can go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home