Monday, June 25, 2007

Saturday Night at Wood Side Burns

You know ... I promised Chris I would be at this ...

... but I didn't really think I'd like the music.

Fuck, was I wrong. Some of these pieces really lifted me, took me back to the first time I heard Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and Hergest Ridge.

This is an incredibly gifted group of people who do things with musical instruments that drive the tools of the music trade beyond the boundaries of instrument and into the realm of pure musical expression.

And get this: just before the show, I was talking to Mark. He told me that at no time during all the rehearsals was the entire group together at one time. Opening night was the first time they were all together.

And they even passed out instruments to the audience (or those who didn't bring one to get two bucks off the cover charge) to participate in one of the numbers.

And then, of course, watching Chris play the piano ... from inside the piano, was pretty damn cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home