Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How I Spent My Tuesday

Sometimes the sun comes at the right time. The clouds finally get clued in and rain down someplace else. That's what happened today. It was my daughter's grad dance night and she and her friends rented a stretch limo and went to Odell Park for pics in the gowns.

Now, this might not sound all that eventful to you, but I'm the guy who gets patted down every time I go out with Cass to make sure I'm not bringing a camera. But today was, hey, all the pics you want Dad. And I even got to take the pics with my camera and her camera. There is a God. There is a Goddess. There is finally balance in the universe.

Here's Cass and her date, Jonson Don (notice that instead of the gown, she went for the image ... that's my Cassie)...

Here they are again (and I have 50,000 more of these ... hey, all the pics you want Dad) ...

I even got to take a pic of me with my daughter. It was just a matter of stretching my leg and coordinating my toes ...

This is Cass and her friends and their dates ...

And here they are as the Danger Girls ...

Hey Cass, if you're reading this ... I love you and I'm so very proud of you, kiddo.

After getting my hug, I went up to the UNB SUB to be on Joe Blades' radio show Ashes, Paper and Beans along with fellow BlackTop MotorCycle Gangist Eric Hill. Here's Eric waiting in the waiting room before being put in the fish bowl ...

And then Joe dumped him into the fish bowl (this is where they put hard core literary folk who might do untold damage to words and stuff) ...

We invited Joe to join the BTMG. After hitting him over the head with bottles of cheep red wine and lead-lined promises of immortality, he agreed and continued with the show (which included a call-in cell phone read by BTMGangist Old Skull). This is Joe continuing ...

After the show, Joe and I went to the former Alden Nowlan house, now turned bar in his honor, for happy hour beer and a cool way to park your skate board ...

After which I went home to work on Tina and Her Talking Nipple.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They all look like they were having a great time. I wish I had that much poise and fun when I was in high school! You must have done something right Biff ;-)
Congrats Cassie - you go girl!

2:44 p.m.  
Blogger Biff said...

I'll pass your congrats on to Cass. She had her grad ceremony last night.
She was so exhausted from the prom, working, studying and partying that she went home right after the ceremony and went to bed.

Biff
Silence says it all.

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home